Atlanta Downtown Neighborhood Association
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Atlanta Convention & Vistors Bureau in Underground
65 Upper Alabama Street
7:05pm Intown Academy (Allison Parker)
7:10pm Sewer work update (Torrance Jones)
7:20pm Committee Reports (max 5 minutes each):
- Quality of Life:
- Downtown Ask Me Night
- Fundraising – Melanie Wofford
- table @ Rock ‘n Ride?
7:30pm Vote to Update ADNA Mission Statement (Stuart Jackson, Treasurer):
Promotion and preservation of the Atlanta Downtown residential neighborhood through services including:
1. Outreach to the community to showcase the unique and historic architecture of the neighborhood; (i.e. loft tour, scavenger hunt, walking tours, etc)
2. Outreach to the community to enhance safety awareness; (monthly meetings, weekly eblasts, building relationships with APD, City Council, GSU)
3. Outreach to the community to improve quality of life for the neighborhood’s residents and businesses; (license review, monthly meetings, and just about every battle we take on)
4. Outreach to reduce the environmental impacts on the community through tree plantings, neighborhood clean-ups, recycling, and other long-term efforts; (monthly clean-ups, trashcan purchases, etc)
5. Outreach to publicize and promote educational opportunities for families in the community.
7:40pm Our new police zone commander, Major Leighty
7:55pm Permit Applications – max 5 minutes each (non-voting members may be excused and leave the meeting early):
- German Bierfest (view festival application)
- Annual ADNA Scavenger Hunt (Bobby Sauer): Two-person registrations for $40 at tonight’s meeting and then the Happy Hour. Savings of $10. We have only 9 registrants so far, but that is similar to last year at this point and no one in ADNA has registered yet.
- Monthly Happy Hour (3rd Fridays of each month) will be at W Hotel’s 16th floor poolside bar
- Monthly neighborhood cleanup: Sunday, June 19, 10am @ Woodruff Park Reading Room